Some common problems we have seen are errors related to Easy Anti Cheat (abbreviated as EAC) causing the game to not launch or crash during play. Below I will list some common troubleshooting steps that work for some users.
If you have been experiencing the game failing to start or a kick from the game with the Easy Anti-Cheat error saying "Unknown file version (PATH TO FILE)" then there is a fairly simple fix.
For most people this can be fixed in a few steps:
1. Go to your Steam Library and locate Post Scriptum.
2. Right-click Post Scriptum and go to "Properties".
3. Click on the "Local Files" tab and press the "Verify integrity of game files" button.
4. Let the process finish and it should start downloading invalid files.
For other EAC-related errors please go through the following list:
1. Re-install / Repair the EAC install.
To do this you will need to navigate to the "Easy Anti Cheat" folder in your Post Scriptum install directory.
The default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Post Scriptum\EasyAntiCheat
Inside you will find the installer for EAC (EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe), run it as an administrator and select Post Scriptum as your game.
- Uninstall EAC
- Verify game integrity (Right click on Post Scriptum in steam, go to properties, verify integrity)
- Install EAC
2. Delete your Post Scriptum Appdata folder
We usually recommend this as a fix all for every issue to start with because your config file could be corrupt for any reason. I have seen this resolve EAC errors before as well.
Open your start menu and type "%Localappdata%" without the quotes and hit enter, then delete the "PostScriptum" Folder. This will wipe all config settings for the game such as keybinds and video settings.
Run Post Scriptum. In the main menu go to "SETTINGS" then "GAME SETTINGS".
Click on "Reset User Cache".
This will wipe all config settings for the game such as keybinds and video settings.
3. Make sure cheat engine is not running or installed at all.
This seems like common sense, anti cheat would stop cheat engine right? If you used this product for any other game for single player (we assume the best in you) you will need to make sure its not running or completely uninstalled. EAC will throw an error telling you its detected so this is the reason why.
4. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following commands:
netsh winsock reset
Then reboot your pc.
5. Check the Easy Anti Cheat support site for more: