Some users have been experiencing issues with their audio, some common examples we have seen are:
Microphone not working
Cannot hear anyone
No sound at all
The first thing you should check is that your Microphone / Headset is your default audio /recording device in windows as this is what Squad will use. (Right click the audio icon in your system tray and click "Playback Devices")
If your having trouble hearing other people or them hearing you try adjusting your microphone by highlighting it (in playback devices) and click the "Configure" button.
switch it between mono / stereo / surround until it works. Multiple users have confirmed this as a fix.
For users having issues with just their microphone, try going into your audio control panel and checking what your microphone is set to for format, It should be set to 2 channel 16 bit, (44100 Hz confirmed works)
More fixes for microphones not working:
- Disable UAC (as a test)
- Go to audio control panel, go into the properties of your headset / microphone, and make sure none of them have "Listen to this device" enabled.
- In the same audio control panel, disable every device (right click > Disable) including the devices you want to use, then re-enable only the devices you want to use.
- Kill any razor background software running (cortex/synapse for example)
- Run squad as an administrator (go to the install directory and launch the Squad_Launcher.exe file as an admin)
- In the audio control panel set your microphone format under Advanced > default format to 44100 Hz (CD quality) or 48000 Hz (DVD)